Thursday, January 8, 2009

And so, another weight loss journey and hopefully life journey begins....well, almost, January 11, 2009, 2 days before my 34th birthday. What makes this time different? For one, I'm talking about it. And more importantly I'm going to be acoountable to over a hundred people I don't yet know.
In a nutshell, I have been struggling with my weight since I had children. I am a stay at home mom of three children and childcare provider out of my home.
My commitment is to get healthy, emotionally and physically. I have made some mini but huge goals.
1. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.
2. Exercise 4 times a week for a minimum of 1/2 hour.
3. Count points/calories.
4. Spend 1 hour a week on my own or without children.
5. Eliminate or release stress causing triggers in my life.
6. Relax, life is too short to be consumed with what other people think.
7. Put myself first, at least some of the time.
8. Stand up for myself.

Numbers 5 - 8 are the most difficult for me. I have made a life long commitment to give back. Unfortuntely this has been at the expense of my own personal stress free time. I am afraid of hurting other people and afraid of people disliking me. I would like to work through these issues, they all contribute to my emotional eating habits. I feel that by putting myself out there and being vulnerable, I will find the strength to overcome this crippling obstacle.

4 comments:

  1. Seems like you're geared up and ready for the support and motivation that BLBE2 will provided!!!!

    I'm making the rounds and say hi!
    Woot! GO TEAM ANGIE!!!

    Linda
    http://operationsticktoit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Corina,

    I am soooooo proud of you. I will help you in any way I can. You are going to do great and I'm going to follow your journey to the end. You are quite inspiratonal my friend! xo Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there fellow A-Team member. Ready to kick some butt?!

    Good luck. You can do anything you set out to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, it sounds like you are looking beyond the physical triggers as to why you eat!
    Me too! Freedom from food is my goal!
    I look forward to following you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete